Evening CoursesMorning & Evening Classes in South Dublin
Saturday 25th February 2023 (ONLINE)
Saturday 4th March 2023 (CLASSROOM BASED)
Denise O Carroll
- Understanding the causes of behaviour
- Developing regulation skills
- De escalation and redirection strategies
- Therapeutic and restorative support
!. Develop an understanding of the impact of EBDs on the social and emotional behaviour of children in the classroom
2. Identify the environmental and social factors which affect children with sensory needs
3, Identify the functional communicative intent of behaviours in children with needs
4. Use observation techniques to develop an understanding of the ABCs of behaviour
5. Identify strategies which may be utilised to deescalate a child in distress
This course will run over 2 Saturdays for 5 hours per session (10 hours in total). Saturday March 5th will be online and Saturday March 12th will be classroom based.
This is not a QQI certified course.
9.00am – 2.00pm